Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Letting Go

I have drifted apart from some people in my life recently due to situations that were not handled properly. I have went on with my new life and tried my hardest to believe that it was for the best. But deep down, I knew it wasn't. I knew that if we ever reconciled, that things wouldn't be the same, but I would at least have those people back in my life.


So, today I had a realization....I need to let go of the animosity. It is doing nothing but eating me up. It has no real purpose and I can't let it get the best of me. No one is perfect, myself included. I need to realize that sometimes things are going to happen...for the better or the worse. But if I let those things get to me, I will be miserable. Sometimes you just have to be the bigger person and say I'm sorry and move on.


Does that mean that things between me and those certain people will ever be the same? No. But it allows me to have contact with them again. And it allows me to know that in my heart I did what I believed was right. Even if I can't rely on them, they will be an option if I choose to share my life with them.

0 comments: